Team Spirit is an illustrated talk about competitive sports, the testing ground of the physical limits of so-called Man, where formerly pure and natural bodies gradually morph into the logic gates of an increasingly high-performance machinery. Algorithms track on-court behavior, anticipate decisions, whisper suggestions in the ears of tech-savvy coaches for player replacements and strategic adjustments. Fantasy football-playing robots scan high-speed networks for detailed personal information about potential game-day players, composing the most flexible combination and generating team spirit from the numerical traces of highly efficient athletes in the real-world. Robot journalists send real-time dispatches chronicling the network behavior of these high-frequency fantasy algorithms. Athletes bodies become hardware in the production of data for new types of fans, intelligent agents, neural networks and deep-learning algorithms, symptoms of a larger, more general algorithmisation of everything.
- Team Spirit was presented at the Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) of Aix-Marseille University, Marseille, 2023
- Team Spirit was presented at the Camargo Foundation, Cassis, 2021
- An Evening on Statistical Bodies, accompanied by presentations by Camille Trimardeau and Arthur Leroy. In the framework of Et bien, dansez maintenant !, organised in collaboration with Marie Lechner and Julien Prévieux, Gaîté Lyrique, Paris, 2020
- Archéologie des Médias et Histoire de l'Art - Autour de Friedrich Kittler, International symposium at the Institut National d’Histoire de l’Art, Invitation - Larisa Dryansky, Paris, 2015
- El Segundo Museum of Art, Los Angeles, Invitation - Annetta Kapon, 2015